Changing the Norm
Are you an African American woman with a family history of diabetes, heart disease or obesity and you're ready to change this "norm" and prevent these chronic illnesses in your life?
Has the stress of life affected your health and you're ready to learn how to use exercise and healthy eating as a way to reach and maintain physical and emotional wellness?
Is living up to the cultural norm of being a "Strong Black" woman affecting your mental and emotional health?
Are you ready to stop allowing expensive hair care regimens to be your barrier to exercising?
Are you ready to learn how to shop, prepare and cook healthy foods for your family on a budget?
Are you ready to learn how to tighten and tone your curves without spending hours in the gym?
If you answered yes, get this book to learn how to overcome these women’s fitness issues!
In Changing the Norm, you will find out:
- How to create a health-conscience environment for you and your family
- How to acknowledge the signs and symptoms of heart disease and other diseases that affect African American women
- Why diet pills, wraps and get fit quick solutions don’t work
- How to shop, prepare and cook healthy culturally appealing meals
- How to identify your body type and how it responds to exercise
- How to ask for help in order to spend more time on yourself
- Palate-pleasing recipes good for the soul
- Total body curve defining exercises and body shaper workout for women
Don’t let unhealthy diet and stress from cultural norms dictate your healthy living. Change your norm and take charge of your health with these stress management techniques and healthy lifestyle tips.
Epub file format for ebook readers
You will be directed after your purchase to load your Ebook on to your device.